We’re not all born with a full, voluptuous full head of locks, but that doesn’t mean we can’t work hard to achieve it! If you have thin hair and are looking at the ways you can add some volume and texture, here we breakdown some of the best hairstyles that you may like to consider for the next time you visit the hairdressers! Just because your density of hair is thinner doesn’t mean you can’t come up with some absolutely breathtaking styles.
1.Textured Bob - A textured bob is a great way to experiment with layers. This timeless style looks great for a variety of different hair types and is great for those who are looking for something slightly low maintenance as you can get away with a messier look! A bob is a great style as it effectively adds to the illusion of thickness.
2. Angled Bob - Usually when we think of this style, we think of Victoria Beckham's iconic bob which took the hair world by storm. This style is perfect for thin hair as your hair density will beautifully show off the structure of the cut.
3. Curtain bangs - This is set to a popular hairstyle for summer ‘22! We’ve spotted it on so many celebs recently so make sure you go for this look before everyone else gets in there first! This effortless style is great for a variety of lengths as it beautifully frames the face and creates playful layers that add volume to the hair.
4. The shag - This haircut is a great way to add texture, volume, and depth to your hair! This style is perfect for thin hair types as it benefits from the structure of the shag cut – add a spritz of sea salt spray to give it that chic ‘undone’ finish.
5. Pixie - The pixie cut has been a go-to hairstyle for those with fine hair because it magically makes the hair appear thicker. It is a timeless style that always looks so bold and edgy! You can also experiment with adding a fringe like Zoe Kravitz which give a unique twist to the look!
6. Modern day mullet - This style is great for those who prefer edgier looking styles that have a standout effect. As seen on Miley Cyrus, this hairstyle is capable of making the thinnest density of hair look thicker!
7. Hair extensions - One of the best things about hair extensions is that you have the ability to remove them anytime you want to rock your natural hairstyle. Sometimes we all like to switch up our look occasionally - with hair extensions you can opt for a wide range of lengths and colours that suit you. If you’re going for a dramatic change, we recommend our Gee Hair Megababe 10 piece extension set for instant glam!
We hope that on this list of potential hairstyles to try, you have found something that works for you. Remember that whilst it is impossible to change the size of your hair follicles, there are plenty of ways to give the illusion of thick hair. Alongside a new style, you may like to switch up hair product use and also make changes to your diet. Whatever you do, we wish you all the best of luck babe!
Exclusive 5% discount off your first purchase.